Categories
Newsletter

Draft Minutes of meeting 4th July 2022

Cleish & Blairadam Community Council

Minutes of the meeting held at 7.30pm. 4th July 2022 at Cleish Village Hall and online via Zoom

The meeting was attended by:

CCllr  F.  Principe-Gillespie (FG)

CCllr  F.  Whalley (FW)

CClr   M. Traylor (MT)

CCllr  N. Robertson (NR)

CCllr  C.  MacLaren (CM)

CCllr  S. Gordon (SG)

PKCllr R. Watters

PKCllr N. Freshwater

two members of the community were also in attendance.

Apologies: Apologies from PKCllr W. Robertson and PKCllr D. Cuthbert

The Chair (FG) welcomed everyone to the meeting and thanked all for their attendance.  A brief discussion regarding options for minute taking took place with Chair suggesting using voice to text on the recorded meeting and looking at options to putting the recordings on-line.

Matters arising

The previous minutes were accepted with a change of speed reported in the previous minutes corrected from 30-20mph.

Discussion as to whether the CC should have a method of accessing Zoom for future hybrid meetings by means of a used laptop

Crime Prevention

Flower Tub stolen from Maryburgh, as well as a car from Lochran Farm. Some vandalism also reported with broken windows to a car on a driveway in Maryburgh.

Correspondence

(CM) Reported that Tilhill have been in touch regarding options to discuss a future forest plan above Cleish. It was agreed that the CC should engage with this positive pro-active approach. (CM) Proposed that issues such as downstream flooding risk, drainage design and ongoing maintenance of drainage should be discussed as well as potential public access.

(MT) Raised the speeding issue in Keltybridge and that a vehicle activated sign would be of benefit. This was an ongoing issue and we believe this has already been raised by PKCllr W. Robertson

(FG) to forward info regarding generic email, noted that some emails are wrong and efforts will be made to correct this.   

Broadband update and proposal for Maryburgh / Blairforge

The Keltybridge Community Fibre Partnership is still ongoing and testing of the actual speed of connections, continues. No further progress as awaiting progress from Openreach

Boreland remains as September for the fibre upgrade on the Broadband website

Drainage Updates

Drains at Keltybridge are re-filling due to spoil from the building site and then compacting. There is significant flooding due to this. It was suggested that the source should be reported to the roads department as it is the developer’s obligation to ensure this does not happen. This has been reported to the enforcement officer.  

The drains on one side of the road in Boreland were cleared by the Council.

Financial Update

Current balance £555 with one bill for out of pocket expenses (FG)of £143.5 made up of Annual WordPress hosting of Cleishandblaradam.org.uk of £84 and 50% of the cost of Zoom as we share that with Kinross Camera Club of £59.

Potential purchase of a low spec laptop was raised for Zoom meetings rather than rely on CCllrs own. (CM) to look at Digital Inclusion grant funding options, (SG) to see if there are other potential sources from corporates. 

Blairforge Update

PKCllr Watters and Freshwater, updated the CC with the progress and seriousness that the Council are taking of this situation and the potential enforcement. It is hoped that this progresses soon and it seems that this situation is receiving attention at the highest levels. It is believed that the costs that the Council will then move to recover could well be extremely high and this is the first time the Council has acted in this way to this level.  Senior council officials have offered to meet the residents of Blairforge and it is encouraging to note that all four PK Councillors are united in working to resolve this matter.  

It was postulated that had a harder line been taken earlier, much of the scale of this issue could have been avoided. A meeting with the Chief Executive and the PK Councillors will still go ahead and it is hoped that this will help to guide future council strategy.

Planning report

Most, if not all applications for the site at Blairforge have been refused and are subject to enforcement.

Pending applications:

Dwelling House 60m west Hollow Cottage , Pending

Application for Stables and hard standing Land 100m NE of old Piggery Blairforge. Withdrawn

Erection of replacement fence Rowan Tree Cottage Blairforge . Approved

Extension to dwelling house and Garage  Rowan House, Carsegour Approved

Alteration of dwelling house at 1 Blairfordel Steading, Lawful Use Approved

Hill View, Kinnaird. Change of use from open space to form extension to garden ground, formation of vehicular access and parking area (in retrospect). Pending

Land 60m North of Craigbank Cleish erection of a dwelling and landscaping. Pending

Siting of two Static Caravans and Animal Welfare for storage, temporary for 3 years.

Retrospective application at site near Blairforge has had a letter of objection and was originally refused and is awaiting the outcome. Pending

Erection of two houses south west of Hillcrest Maryburgh:  Withdrawn

Extension to dwelling house 18 Middleton Park : Approved

The Willows, Change of use to garden ground retrospect: Pending

Prior notice Application Fruix Farm for Farm Shed

Plot 9 in field by Blairforge for Dwelling, review body supported planners decision to refuse

Outh Farm Moor up for sale, among the suggested opportunities are Carbon capture forestry and Solar farm

Right of way at Blairforge was discussed and technically only has right of access from A-B. The road is breaking up and the bridge has to be maintained which is an issue as this is not adopted by the Council.   

Village Update – Blairadam

Speeding in Keltybridge and Maryburgh. A call was made for Speed activated signs.

Parking is an issue and vehicles parking on the pavements. Pavements are subsiding as a result. The parking issue is forcing pedestrians onto the road where vehicles are speeding. Roads department have looked at possible verge parking but this was years ago and nothing has happened. (MT to contact Cllr Watters who will contact roads dept)

A light opposite Middleton House has been damaged, possibly by overgrown trees.

Cutting of verges at junctions seems to not be happening as much as required. Clarification is required as to what the actual cutting procedure is for the different designations and what the designations mean. Just because a road is not used as much does not change whether it is safe due to sigh-lines being blocked.

It was noted that the Perth and Kinross Council app allows for the reporting of faulty lights.

Village Update – Cleish 

Speeding traffic again is the issue despite the Primary School. Courier vans seem to be the most common culprits. Community Speedwatch may be the solution.

Forthcoming election

CCllrs will be up for re-election this year so should members of the community wish to join the Community Council more information will be posted on the CC website and noticeboards as it becomes available later in August.

AOCB

The property that has been vacant for 5 years in Keltybridge has now finally been sold

Apologies from the Kinross-Area Committee due to access issues for the Community Councils. This has been resolved and won’t happen again.

Sound quality was improved for the Zoom attendees thanks to the microphone on loan from (SG) Camera placement needs improved for future meetings

Defibrillator training, (FG) to contact re potential training before the next CC meeting.

Speed limit at Lochran has been agreed to be set at 40mph but is due to be reviewed as it may be extended towards Greenacres. This should be set this financial year.

Speed limit on the B996 by Blairforge has been rejected for this financial year but will be subject to a route action plan in the following year so may be able to be reviewed.

Slip roads at Junction 5 the railings on the bridge obscure visibility and could perhaps be changed to ones staggered at an angle that aid visibility. (Cllr NF) to discuss with Roads Dept.

****

The date of next meeting: Monday 19th September in The Cleish Village Hall with provision for Zoom Hybrid attendance

Categories
Uncategorized

Draft Agenda for meeting on 4th July 2022

Please reply to: – Nigel Robertson, Main Street Keltybridge  secretarycabcc@gmail.com

AGENDA

GENERAL MEETING OF THE COMMUNITY COUNCIL TO BE HELD ON Monday 4th July 7.30 @ – on Zoom and at Cleish Village Hall – Francis Principe-Gillespie will be in The Chair.

  1. Welcome                              FG
  • Apologies                               NR
  • Matters arising  from previous Minutes  FG
  • Crime Prevention                               PC
  • Correspondence received – NR
  • Broadband Update
  • Drainage update                       CMac
  • Financial Update                     MT
  • Situation at Blairforge
  1. Planning update                        FW
  1. Village updates –              Blairadam                       MT/ JL/NR
  1. Village Updates –              Cleish area              FG/FW/CMac
  1. Forthcoming Election and nominations.
  1. AOCB
  1. Agreed actions  /Future Meetings, location of Hall Meetings        

Proposed Date of next meeting – August 29th 2022 on Zoom and Village Hall

Categories
Newsletter

April Draft Minutes

Cleish & Blairadam Community Council

Minutes of the meeting held at 7.30pm. 4 April 2022 at Cleish Village Hall and online Zoom

The meeting was attended by:

CCllr  F.  Principe-Gillespie (FG)

CCllr  F.  Whalley (FW)

CCllr  C.  MacLaren (PA)

CCllr  N. Robertson (NR)

CCllr  S. Gordon(SG)

PKCllr C.  Purves

PKCllr W. Robertson

PKCllr R. Watters

five members of the community were also in attendance/zoom.

Apologies: Apologies had been received from Margaret Traylor (Treasurer) (MT), J. Leishman (JL)

The Chair (FG) welcomed everyone to the meeting and thanked all for their attendance.  

Correspondence

No further correspondence received that was pertinent.

Matters arising

The previous minutes were accepted and signed. There is no Newsletter any more, but the proposed minutes are published on the CC website (cleishandblairadam.org.uk) and Facebook 

Crime Prevention

PC Mitchinson has moved to a new role within Police Scotland and the CC has passed on their thanks for the excellent professional service provided. We await notification from Police Scotland of a new Community officer

Broadband update and proposal for Maryburgh / Blairforge

(PA) Reported that Openreach are now connecting properties onto fibre so the Maryburgh project is now live.

(SG) Reported that Keltybridge is progressing but that Openreach had not realised how many properties marked as superfast actually fail to meet that criteria. The project is now challenging Openreach to show every property in Keltybridge and outlying areas meets Superfast, which they do not. It is hoped that these properties will then be included in the R100 project. It is not yet clear if this is already factored into Openreach’s plans. Openreach have been inundated with requests so whilst parts of the project are in the queue it is unclear what is planned and when for the other properties  

Financial Update

MT had sent her apologies but had provided FG with a summary financial update. Current balance £600.74 after payment of the telephone box insurance

Planning report (FW)

JL Has passed on a note regarding a strong fishy smell reported in Keltybridge, this was believed to be muck spreading in the nearby fields.

Nivingston renewal application has been: approved

Land North of Winchester, Keltybridge variation of design: approved

Garden Building, Burnside House, Benarty Road: approved

Land NE, 2 Blairfordel cottage (Equestrian Centre): approved

Alteration and erection Garden buildings, 1 Blairfordel steadings: withdrawn

Pending Applications

Erection of Dwelling House in principle land 60m West of Hollow Cottage, corner B9097 and North Road

Replacement Fence, Rowantree Cottage

New Applications:

Extension and garage Rowan house Carsegour, modest changes. No issues raised

Erection of stables and hard standing land East of the old piggery.  It was pointed out that livestock should be more than 400m from property according to the Scottish Executive, which this does not meet.  

The right of access is only A-B and it is illegal to have turn-offs

Awaiting LRB outcome of January meeting for a planning application 100m North East of the farm.

Blairfordge. Matters arising due to increased on the access road which is a private road and has caused damage to the road surface. It was pointed out that the road is disintegrating due to the increased traffic.

This has been reported to PKC Planning Dept. but no action has been taken due to staff shortages caused by Covid infections.

Illegal dumping in has been reported in Blairforge and 2 concrete hard standings have been laid along this road with no planning permission.

Residents have received aggressive behaviour from the developer.

A discussion ensued regarding the poor planning enforcement in P&K. It was noted that until media attention highlights this the enforcements will be aimed at easy soft targets. 

The building site in Maryburgh has a problem with the access road to the proposed plot. It is unclear if a change of use has been submitted for this site.

Village Updates.

Blairadam. The Private Water Association has tested the supply to 13 properties to test for lead in the supply and discovered high levels in 13 properties.

A huge amount of work will need to be carried out to erase this problem and the Private Water Committee will be pursuing the possibility of grant funding.

There have been increasing incidents of speeding in Blairadam, unfortunately, in the main, by local residents.

A 30 MPH Sign has been removed in Maryburgh.

Cleish Area.

Cleish Church. (potential closure). The future of the Cleish has still to be determined, with maybe the potential of Community Right to Buy?

AOCB

Look into possibility of Defibrilator instruction and possibly have it before a CC meeting.

Two Cllrs are stepping down at the May elections. All the Councillors and Community Councillors voiced a unanimous thanks to Cllr Mike Barnacle for his decades of tireless work and dedication to Kinross-shire and additionally all voiced thanks to Cllr Callum Purves and wished him well in his future roles.

It is hoped that hybrid meetings will also take place in the Tabernacle Hall as soon as sufficient bandwidth becomes available.

4th July next CC meeting at Cleish Village Hall

****

Categories
Uncategorized

Something for your May Diary

Categories
Uncategorized

Draft Minutes of CC 7 Feb 22 and AGM

Categories
Uncategorized

Next Meeting and AGM on the 7th February 2022, draft Minutes of December Meeting

Categories
Uncategorized

September Minutes

Categories
Uncategorized

The Last Newsletter

Categories
Newsletter

Draft CCMinutes 7 June 2021

Cleish & Blairadam Community Council

Minutes of the meeting held at 7.30pm Monday 7th June 2021 via Zoom

The meeting was attended by:

CCllr F. Principe-Gillespie (FG)

CCllr C. MacLaren (CM)

CCllr F. Whalley (FW)

PKCllr C. Purves  (CP)

PKCllr W. Robertson (WR)

PKCllr R. Watters (RW)

7 members of the community were also in attendance.

  1. Welcome

The Chair (FG) opened the meeting, welcoming everyone to the meeting and thanking all for their attendance. 

  • Apologies

Apologies had been received from Paul Appleby (PA), Margaret Traylor (MT), Jamie Leishman (JL) and Nigel Robertson (NR). The Chair (FG) had however received an update from PA and MT – see below.

  • Matters arising from previous minutes

The previous minutes were accepted.  

  • Crime Prevention

PC Ashley Mitchinson (AM) reported as follows:

  • Ongoing issue with speeding at Blairforge – Police are currently stretched for resource but plan to address the issue in due course.
  • Reports of unmarked white van acting suspiciously – AM asked for members of the public to be vigilant and report any further sightings, together with registration number to Police.
  • Various crimes recently – farm theft, van burglary, Fossoway store burglary and stones being thrown on to the Motorway.  There were19 traffic incidents also.  AM encouraged extra vigilance and use of 101.
  • Members of the community also raised issues of bike racing on the B996 and speeding on Benarty Road.

In relation to speeding CP advised the residential area at Lochrin is due to be reduced to a 40 MPH limit shortly.

  • Correspondence

FG raised email correspondence received from CP re realignment of CC boundaries.  The outcome is that CP advised the proposed boundary changes have now been agreed and PKC records will be updated shortly.  

  • Newsletter distribution and future CC meetings.

There was lengthy discussion regarding newsletter distribution and it was agreed to move from paper to digital in line with other CCs.  Minutes will be posted to social media and the website, although if any members of the community raised a specific request for email or printed copy then that would accommodated where possible.

It was also agreed that minutes should be published in the Kinross Newsletter publication (paid for version).

There will be one last paper version that will outline the go forward arrangements.

It was agreed CC meetings would continue via Zoom short term and be reassessed as the CV19 risk receded.

  • Broadband update

Following PA’s approach to the local Openreach manager cabling that had fallen from its site and straddled the field entrance between Keltybridge and Maryburgh has now been relocated and made secure. 

It was noted that Morrisons Data are currently surveying the Cleish area on behalf of Openreach in anticipation of R100 rollout (expected Spring 2022).  Details on village noticeboard.

CP advised last 13 properties in the Cleish Exchange currently excluded from R100 would be covered by the survey.

  • Financial Update

FG noted that MT had advised funds of £543.71 were presently held.

  • Planning report

FW led discussion as follows:

  • Erection of a dwelling house in principle 90m South of Hillview, Blairadam – to be reviewed at Local Review Board.
  • Alterations at 1 Blairfordel Steading – to be reviewed at Local Review Board.
  • Cleish House alterations (listed building) – revised proposal approved.
  • Erection of Folly and track creation at Inneans, Cleish Hill – there were a number of local objections and the application was refused.  The Planning Officer however gave guidance on points to be addressed for a future application, which is expected.
  • Beatha Cottage, Maryburgh alterations to dwelling house in retrospect – approved.
  • 2 Middleton Park alterations and extension – approved.
  • Hollow Cottage, Kinross (40m West) dwelling house erection – approved in principle.
  • Gordon Bungalow, Benarty Road, erection of dwelling house – refused. Pre planning request and amended proposal has subsequently been submitted.
  • Land 120m NE of No2 Blairfordel Farm Cottage, Benarty Road, Kelty – change of use from agricultural to equestrian business, dog exercise area, car parking and temporary residential accommodation.  Numerous objections were heard from members of the community, citing issues such as visual impact, policy conformity, access restrictions, precursor to housing development, together with significant noise and light pollution. 

WR advised each objector to ensure they formally raised objection with PKC as >6 objections would trigger referral to Development Management Committee (closing date is 21/6).  The Coal Board has also apparently raised concern due to potential gas leakage. CC agreed to object, albeit this only counts as one entry.

  • Concern was raised, albeit various members of the community had different experiences, with regard to timeliness of responses from PKC planning department.  WR suggested the issues might be CV19 related but advised the route to complain would be via the Head of Development Management (Christian Smith).  WR also offered to be conduit to a complaint.
  • Unauthorised development at Blairforge – enforcement notices have been issued, with a requirement for site clearance (containers and caravans) by end May.  No further update was available.
  1. Village Update – Blairadam

PA provided an update in advance to FG.


The Blairfordel finger post at the south side of Maryburgh had fallen off and thanks to a local resident has now been repaired and replaced.

A local resident approached PKC regarding litter/pallets/waste on the B996. PK Councillor Callum Purves has actioned this as a result.

PA represented CABCC at the Kinrosshire transport group on 27th May. There was nothing affecting our council to report although attention was drawn to a new charity KMGO (Kinrosshire Move Greener) whose commitment is to reduce the environmental impact of daily travel, promote health and well-being and generate local economic activity. PA would urge community councillors and residents to visit the website at www.movegreener.org. They can be contacted at admin@movegreener.org.

A member of the community enquired about speed bumps for Benarty Road and there was further discussion on speeding, ownership of the road, whether it is adopted or not and also the issues caused by straddling Fife / PK Council boundaries.  CP to visit site in the first instance

Flooding was observed (just after Middleton House) on May 24th and it appears storm drains are not working effectively.  WR agreed to ask for a survey and will contact the roads superintendent.

  1. Village Update – Cleish area

FW raised frequency of grass cutting in the village (can be 3/4 week intervals).  WR advised staff issues are most likely due to reallocation of responsibilities during CV19 and if we are patient then service will soon resume as normal.  WR will take it up if this is not the case.

FW noted a culvert on the roadside opposite Cleish House is collapsing gradually and will eventually cause flooding in the village if not remediated.  WR will raise with PKC to see what can be done.

FG noted a successful Litter Pick last weekend and expressed thanks to all involved

CP advised a School presentation to the parent council has been made.  Further presentation to PKC with potential options is scheduled for November 2021, dependent on availability of a feasibility study.  In any event it will be 3 to 4 years before any major works can be undertaken.  Options are being explored in the interim to improve conditions and suitability. 

CP has followed up on the traffic calming issues raised at the last CC meeting in the Boreland area.  The suggestion can be summarised as a nameplate and further 40 MPH signs.  CP has written to CM on the issue, who will revert after seeking local feedback.   

  1. AOCB

Best Kept Hamlet to be judged last week in July.

FG noted the Kinross Fund has cash available to fund qualifying community projects if there is any local requirement.

**********

The date of next meeting: Monday 30th August 2021 (again using Zoom online meeting facility)

Categories
Uncategorized

Welcome

Welcome to the new CC website, please bear with us as we get this running and add more pages